According to the experts:
- Student loan debt has topped one trillion dollars... $1,000,000,000
- Is there too much focus on ivory tower research and too little on teaching and keeping costs down?
- The biggest challenges facing colleges are: 1. decreasing student learning 2. unaffordability
- By 2025 most adults will need a college education
- The new majority attending colleges are the non-traditional students (over 25 yrs. old, working full-time, with families to support).
- 36% of college students, after 4 years of study, show no statistical improvement in critical thinking or writing skills. (Univ. Chicago)
- Grade inflation is a national scandal. The most commonly given grade is an "A" and 43% of grades are A's.
- Are colleges focused enough on employability? 37% of college grads are underemployed.